I have talked to various family lawyers and divorce professionals about having our marketing agency make their website smartphone friendly. Some have taken us up on it, but many gave us basically this comment: “It is not necessary. I can see my website OK on my smartphone.” This reaction reminds me of the reaction a lot of law firms gave me 15 years ago when we told them they needed to get a website for their business. Really, how does your website look on a smartphone?
Quite frankly, you cannot afford to have a website that is not smartphone friendly.
This IS a key component of your online marketing. Those who have smartphone friendly websites are enjoying the benefits that you are not aware of if your website is not smartphone friendly. You cannot miss what you are missing! Watch the video below.
Consider these benefits that a smartphone friendly website has to offer:
- With just one touch, the visitor can call you, text you, email you and check where your office is through a Google map
- The text is now legible. The visitor no longer have to re-size the text repeatedly to read what is on your website
- Quick loading time
- Thumb-friendly – reducing the chances of hitting the wrong button
To learn the difference between a mobile friendly website and a regular website as seen on a smartphone, watch this video. See for yourself the features a mobile friendly website has to offer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwSyHCckcIU.
Now consider these statistics on how many people access the internet using their smartphones:
- 180+ million Americans use smartphones regularly
- In 2013, more people will get online using their mobile phones instead of PCs.
- 61% users call after searching for a business
- 40% have moved onto a competitor’s site after a bad mobile experience
- 57% do not recommend a business with a poor mobile site
See some mobile websites other divorce professionals have: Click here
It is time to have your website be smartphone friendly.
Martha Chan is a marketing expert for family lawyers and divorce professionals. She is a co-owner and Vice President of Marketing for Family Lawyer Magazine, Divorce Magazine and Divorce Marketing Group, a marketing agency dedicated to promoting family lawyers and divorce professionals. She is the co-host of a monthly marketing teleseminar for family lawyers and co-author of She has served as a marketing consultant to many Fortune 500 companies and countless family law firms over the past 30 years. She can be reached at 866-803-6667 x 136, or email@example.com.