For Immediate Release
Toronto, Ontario (PRWEB) July 20, 2012
While they’re recognized experts in delivering quality and timely information to separated and divorcing people across the world, and equally as adept in providing family lawyers and other divorce professionals with one-source comprehensive marketing and advertising solutions, Divorce Magazine’s co-owners Dan Couvrette and Martha Chan have another area of competence that’s worthy of celebrating: marriage to each other for 15 years. It’s Couvrette’s second marriage.
In marking their crystal wedding anniversary this week, the couple has taken the opportunity to reflect on six key factors that have helped their relationship develop and grow over the past 15 years – not as a successful business duo, but as a happy couple:
1. Share dreams and plan together. This helps foster healthy communication and, that most essential of all happy-marriage factors: planning for a future together.
2. Do the “simple little things” together, such as watch TV, go for walks, have meals with each other, friends and with family. It’s amazing how much the little things add up and become the most treasured memories of all.
3. Share hobbies, whether that’s running, art, gardening, or anything else. It’s an opportunity to express a different aspect of a relationship, and a helpful reminder that strong marriages are built on more than love; they’re also fortified by friendship.
4. Spend time apart, such as a weekend away with “the boys” or “the girls.” Married couples have a shared identity, but they also need to have their own independence and individuality.
5. Take time to celebrate the relationship. It doesn’t have to be in the form of an elaborate party or major event. A simple “thank you for all that you do” can be profound. It’s also helpful to invite friends and family members to join in the celebration.
6. Live it up with your “blended family”. Raise your kids with love, discipline and play.
“We’re very happy to be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary,” commented Couvrette and Chan. “While our marriage hasn’t been hard work, it has required a lot of attention on both the small things and the big things. But that’s just par for the course, and we wouldn’t want it any other way.”
Couvrette and Chan will be enjoying a private dinner to mark the special occasion, and then getting together with friends and family on the weekend to share the joy.
About Divorce Magazine
Launched in 1996, Divorce Magazine is North America’s only magazine devoted entirely to divorce. The magazine has six regional editions, and is full of helpful articles as well as guides to local divorce professionals. The website DivorceMagazine.com, has been a leading divorce-related resource since 1996. The company also operates http://www.BlogsOnDivorce.com, which features expert opinion and insight from leading divorce professionals, and http://www.FamilyLawyerMagazine.com, which is dedicated to helping family lawyers manage their practice and live a balanced life. For more information, contact publisher and CEO Dan Couvrette at (888) 217-9538 ext. 124 or email DanC@divorcemag.com.